The "Verwaltungs- und Benutzungsordnung der Hochschulbibliothek der Ruhr-Universität Bochum"
as well as the "Gebührenordnung der bibliothekarischen Einrichtungen der Ruhr-Universität Bochum" do apply.
In effect are in addition the
LOAN RULES OF THE LIBRARY OF THE FACULTY OF PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY:
- The library of the faculty of physics and astronomy is a reference library
that primarily serves students and employees of the faculty to support their
studies, research, and teaching.
- Book loans are only possible after registration. Borrowing books requires a valid student ID card or, for faculty employees, a library ID card that can be
applied for at the Info-Counter daily from 8:30 - 15:00.
- Long-term loans from the monography inventory are only allowed "in house", i.e. for employees and students that work at the faculty. The loan period is 8 weeks. In order to ensure the character of a reference library, the books should remain in the offices or labs within the building.
- Students not being employed at the faculty are allowed to borrow books
from the textbook collections (labels L and LL). The loan period for books
with label "L" is 4 weeks and for those with label "LL" it is one term. All
other books can be borrowed for one week.
- Users have to fill the registration card of a book (if not labeled "LL")
and place it instead of the book at the latter's location on the shelf.
- Excluded from loans are journals and those books labeled with a red dot.
Only those journal volumes containing review articles or conference
proceedings can be borrowed "in house" for a maximum of one week.
- Users from other faculties with a university address can apply for a
registration according to point 2.
- The lab library can be used by all participants of the physics labs of the
faculty. The loan period is 4 weeks.
02. April 2012